Monday, January 9, 2012

Monday Morning Learning.

I was riding to work with my mom, and we got on the subject of me being in a relationship. I’ve always been slightly concerned about who I was going to fall in love with, or when I would meet the person I would marry. I watched a close friend of mine get married this past weekend, and it had me thinking. I know I am no where near ready to settle down and be married, but with all my friends starting to get married it constantly crosses my mind.

But what stumped me this morning was my mom asking me what I was looking for. And I have standards, I do, and I won’t settle for less than I deserve. But I need to be honest with myself. I don’t really know what I am looking for. And I’m okay with that. I will figure it out before it actually matters. I mean, I will be 22 in June, but I’m really not stressing about being in a relationship. If it happens, fine. If it doesn’t, that’s fine too.

But honestly, I am way to focused on school to be caught in something else that I have to make time for. I have two jobs and I’m a full time student. I think I am more than busy enough with that, then trying to add another human being, that requires a lot of time in that equation. Slowly, I am starting to put all of the pieces together.

And as of now, I haven’t been as happy as I am now, in a long time. I am fully accepting myself as I am, and everything else, will fall into place as I figure things out.

No comments:

Post a Comment