Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Perfect time to blog.

As I sit in my Introduction to Film class. I turn my head to the right and see someone nodding off, and I look to my left and see people sleeping. We are watching a John Wayne movie, I don't even know the name of. I guess it doesn't really surprise me. But as I don't pay attention I might as well blog away.

I guess I have really been thinking of God on a completely different level. I can't seem to wrap my mind around His faithfulness, but I guess that is part of the mystery of Him. I have really been trying to change the way I look at things going on in my life. Especially when I feel like I can't handle them, but I calmly tell myself that the Lord is much bigger than my situation. No matter what's going on, I know that I need not dwell on it, because it is happening or happened for a reason. Either it's not the right timing, or not the right motivation. I sincerely want to be close to the Lord at all times. I want to be covered in His grace. And I want that for everyone I come in contact with.

I've also been trying to put less garbage in my life, and more things of the Lord. Less time caught up thinking about the future, and less time thinking about what happens next. More time thinking about how I can serve right now, and how to see the glass half full instead of half empty. I am trying to completely focus on the Lord's faithfulness, no matter what's going on. And I am starting to realize that the Lord is teaching me full dependency on Him. Something I always knew about, but I guess it was never applied. But I realized that it is being applied now. And it's definitely given me peace about a few things. The Lord is good.


A righteous man may have many troubles, but the LORD delivers him from them all. Psalm 34:19.

This is what the LORD says:

“Cursed is the one who trusts in man,
who depends on flesh for his strength
and whose heart turns away from the LORD.
He will be like a bush in the wastelands;
he will not see prosperity when it comes.
He will dwell in the parched places of the desert,
in a salt land where no one lives.

“But blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD,
whose confidence is in him.
He will be like a tree planted by the water
that sends out its roots by the stream.
It does not fear when heat comes;
its leaves are always green.
It has no worries in a year of drought
and never fails to bear fruit.” Jeremiah 17:5-8.


Love Him. Trust Him. Follow Him. Serve Him.


No comments:

Post a Comment